The NEET UG 2023 application form was released on March 6th, with a deadline to apply by April 6, 11:50 PM. The National Testing Agency (NTA) released the notification, information bulletin, and application form in the late evening of March 6. It is scheduled to take place on May 7, 2023, with details regarding other events yet to be announced.
The upcoming test is scheduled to facilitate admission to diverse MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, and BHMS programs, in compliance with the pertinent standards, guidelines, and regulations mandated by the respective regulatory authorities.The exam will be conducted in a paper-pencil-based mode and last for 200 minutes, from 2 PM to 5:20 PM (IST), in around 500 cities across India and abroad.
The NEET exam pattern and syllabus remain unchanged from last year, but the application fee for NEET 2023 has increased by INR 100 for each category, and by INR 1,000 for selecting an exam city abroad.
NEET 2023 Application Form
NTA has tentatively scheduled the application correction window to open in the second week of April, during which candidates can make necessary changes in specified fields. However, the application correction facility will only be available to those who have completed the process by paying the application fee.
The below steps outline the application process:
- Go to the official NEET 2023 website – www.neet.nta.nic.in
- Click on the application form tab.
- Read all instructions and register with personal details such as name, contact details, password, etc.
- Log in with the generated credentials and fill in personal and educational details, exam medium, exam city preference, and upload photographs and signature.
- Pay the application fee online through credit/debit card, net banking, Paytm, or UPI.
Note: NEET UG 2023 will be held in English, Hindi, Bengali, Assamese, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil, and Urdu languages.
NEET Application Fee
The table below shows the category-wise application fees:
|Category||Application Fee (in INR)|
|General||Rs. 1,600 +GST|
|General EWS and OBC||Rs. 1,500+GST|
|SC, ST, PwD||Rs. 900 +GST|
|Outside India||Rs. 8,500|
NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
NTA has set eligibility criteria for NEET UG 2023 aspirants who wish to apply for the entrance test. Candidates who meet the following parameters are eligible for the exam:
Candidates who belong to any of the following nationalities are eligible to apply for NEET:
- Indian Nationals.
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs).
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO).
- Foreign Nationals.
The age limit or age criteria for NEET UG 2023 candidates is as follows:
- The candidate should be a minimum of 17 years old as of December 31, 2023.
- The upper age limit of 25 years for General category candidates and 30 years for reserved category candidates has been removed by NMC in 2022.
- The candidate must have passed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board and institute.
- Candidates appearing for Class 12 or equivalent in 2023 can also apply for NEET 2023.
- Candidates who have pursued Class 12 or equivalent from an open school are also eligible.
- Candidates should have cleared Class 12 or equivalent with subjects – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Candidates who have cleared Class 12 or equivalent with an additional subject – Biology are also eligible.
Minimum Marks Required in the Qualifying Examination
- General category: 50%
- PWD category: 45%
- SC/ST/OBC: 40%
NEET 2023 Preparation Tips
For those preparing for NEET UG 2023, it is essential to have a solid preparation plan in place. These are some tips that candidates must follow to prepare for the exam:
- Before beginning the preparation, candidates should be familiar with the exam pattern and syllabus.
- NCERT books are a must-read, and other recommended books can be referred to for in-depth knowledge.
- Candidates must plan a realistic and achievable timetable and adhere to it strictly.
- Solving mock tests and sample papers regularly will help aspirants understand the exam pattern and build their speed and accuracy.
- Since all sections carry equal weightage in the exam, candidates must devote equal time and effort to all sections to score well.
Thus, by following the preparation tips, candidates can prepare effectively for NEET UG 2023 and increase their chances of success in the exam. In addition to MBBS, the NEET score can also be used to take admission to AYUSH, Veterinary, BSc Nursing, BSc Life Sciences courses.
Read Also: Best NEET Coaching Center in Coimbatore